League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
Los Angeles County, CA
March 8, 2005 Election
Council Member, Council; City of Redondo Beach; District 1 Voter Information
4 Year Term.
results unofficial as of March 15, 2005
(Vote for 1)
Election results -- manually collected from individual City Clerks' offices -- are official unless noted above. Unofficial results will be updated as available.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Business Person
- Local Business Owner
- Redondo Beach Man of the Year
- AYSO Coach and Referee
- Rotary Club Past President
- Redondo Beach Planning Commissioner
James A "Jim" Light
- Bring back crossing guards to protect our children.
- Diminish traffic on our neighborhood streets.
- Rehabilitate the cities infastructure.
- Occupation: Aerospace Company Executive
- 13 Years USAF Officer
- Managed federal budget 3x Redondo's
- 10 Years Aerospace industry
- BS in engineering and an MBA
- Surfrider Executive Committee
- South Bay Parkland Conservancy Board
- Slow Growth/Quality of Life
- Fiscal prioritization
- Responsiveness to residents not developers
- Occupation: Commissioner/Self-employed Businessman
- Executive: Consultant to American Companies
- Retired Major in the United States Air Force
- 15 years corporate experience
- BS: Electrical Engineering and an MBA
- Spokesperson: Save Los Angeles Air Force Base
- Volunteer Instructor: RUHS Drill Team
Gary E. Snelson
- Scour the budget - Place high priority on public safety including school crossing guards
- Reduce traffic speeds through our residential streets using new technologies
- Fight to have residential or commerical developments improve, not diminish our quality of life
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Judge Pro Tem, L.A. Superior Court
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraiser
- California Veterans - Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Pres. Board of Directors - Sandcastle Condominiums
- Eliminate AES Power Plant
- No high density development - especially along the beach
- Eliminate pollution from beaches
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Redondo Beach Election Website
News and Analysis
- Wednesday, February 16, 6:30-8:30pm
- Knob Hill Community Center, 320 Knob Hill; Sponsors: Surfrider Foundation South Bay Chapter; Focus on environmental issues in Redondo Beach
Other Sources via Internet
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: March 29, 2005 12:43 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.