(Vote for 1)
Election results -- manually collected from individual City Clerks' offices -- are official unless noted above. Unofficial results will be updated as available.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- Presently Mayor of Manhattan Beach
- 8 years on the Manhattan Beach City Council
- Past President of the MB Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer of PTAs
- Treasurer of MB Community Church 15 years
Dan Stern, Ph.D.
- Continue the over sight of the new safety building budget
- Provide independent over sight to the city's investments and budget
- Provide continuity and be a financial resource to the new Council
- Occupation: Retired, Fortune 500 Co. Executive
- Manhattan Beach Councilmember/Mayor ('90-'94)
- Cornell University Ph.D.
- Started, ran and sold a multimillion dollar company
- V.P. and officer of a multibillion dollar Fortune 500 company
- Manage an investment portfolio with hundreds of Bonds (and Equities, but Bonds are the only permissible investment vehicle for the city)
- Independent! I will accept no contributions and answer only to the community
Rick Eugene Norris
- Effectively and openly monitor disbursement of funds
- Rebuild City Reserves (investment portfolio) and avoid School District debacle
- Complete the Police/Fire facility this year at under the $40 million budget
- Occupation: CPA
- UCLA Bachelor's degree in Political Science
- JD from Southwestern Law School
- Founder of Rick E Norris, JD, CPA Business and Consulting Associates
- Partner of Decision Point Solutions, LLC
- Treasurer of Mira Costa Drama Boosters, Inc.
- Manhattan Beach resident for over 16 years
- I will stand with you, the residents of the City as your elected watchdog over city financial affairs.
- I will reinvigorate the office by taking an active role in the city financial affairs including budgeting and planning.
- I will maintain a fiscally conservative outlook in investing city funds, and balance financial return with security.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Thursday February 17, 7-8:30pm; 8:30-9pm
- City Council candidates broadcast live on Adelphia Cable, followed by a pre-taped City Treasurer Candidate Forum from 8:30-9pm; both forums to be shown on several subsequent dates before the election; co-sponsors: Manhattan Beach Residents Association & Adelphia Cable; submit questions to Candidiatesforum@aol.com
- Tuesday, February 22, 7-9pm
- Mira Costa High School Cafeteria; conducted by LWV Beach Cities; candidates for treasurer will speak first, followed by candidates for city council
Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.