(Vote for 3)
Election results -- manually collected from individual City Clerks' offices -- are official unless noted above. Unofficial results will be updated as available.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Jane (Cressor) Diehl
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Physical Therapist (special ed. students)
- VP of School Board
- City council and School Board com
- Mother of a daughter and son
- PTA pres. for 4 yrs.
- Hands on Art 12 yrs.
- Train students for 21st century
- Financial stability
- advance improved communication with stake holders
- Occupation: Teacher
- Boston University, Bachelor of Music, 1995
- Professional Musician
- Music Instructor, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey, Mexico
- Graduate Teaching Fellow, University of Oregon
- Spanish Language Translator
- Band Director, Crozier Middle School, Inglewood Unified School District
- Prepare Students For The 21st Century
- Keep Money In The Classrooms
- Shared Decision-Making
- Occupation: Internet Company Executive
- BA, History, University of Michigan
- MBA, Marketing, University of Minnesota
- CEO, ArcoStream, profitable Internet Services company
- VP/Senior Management at two public companies, P&L responsibility
- Budget and Strategic Analyst, The Weather Channel
- Eagle Scout
Nelson Andrew Zager
- Building Partnerships
- Preparing Students For The 21st Century
- Keeping Money In The Classrooms
- Occupation: Businessman
- BS Degree Hotel and Restaurant Admin
- Past Chair Chamber of Commerce -RB
- VP RB Education Foundation
- Bd of trustees Torrance Memorial Hosp
- Past Chair Budget & Finance Commission
- Bd of South Bay YMCA
- No More Budget Cuts but Innovative new Income Streams
- Emergency Prepardness of the district
- Obesity of our Students, not allowing for a full and fruitful life
- Occupation: Educator
- Proven educational leader-36 years-see http://www.dalepetrulis.com/Testimonials.html
- 11 year teacher/20 year school principal/4+ years Central/Local District Administrator
- PTA honors: Very Special Person, Honorary Service, Continuing Service
- Written over $3 million in educational grants to strengthen and enhance current programs and build new ones
- National Collaborative honoree-National Councils of Mayors/Cities/School Boards for collaborative support for the school community
- Appointed member of CA Dept. of Education English Language Arts Content Review Panel reviewing standards match to test items
- Increase and improve collaboration and cooperation between teachers/classified staff/administration to build relationships/trust/teamwork/morale
- Support the highest quality instructional program for all students, providing ongoing professional development to support teaching and learning
- Improve the budget picture by locating outside resources to avoid cuts in programs and personnel
- Occupation: Business Professional
- BA Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Illinois
- Fund Raising for California Public Interest Research Group
- RBUSD Textbook Adoption Committees; Social Studies, Math, Science, and currently Language Arts
- PTA support, Neighborhood Watch Block Captain, Redondo Beach Adopt-A-Park Program (Fulton Park)
- VP Marketing, Provident Title Company, Special Projects, 14 years
- 25 year Resident of Redondo Beach
Jeffrey K. Hazeltine
- Build partnerships with the community by engaging their support and buy-in.
- Transparency in the budget process. / Keep money in the classrooms. / Open the decision making process to parents and teachers.
- Prepare students for the 21st century by giving them better academic support at every opportunity.
- Occupation: Middle School Teacher
- Resident of Redondo Beach for 20 years.
- Married for 15 years
- Father of 2 children attending Alta Vista Elem. School
- Bachelors Degree in Economics with 2nd Major in Mathematical Sciences
- Masters Degree in Education, U.C.L.A. Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, Principals Leadership Institute
- Midde School Math Teacher 3 years in L.A. Unified and 8 years in Lawndale.
- Adopt Value Added Assessment And Accountability.
- Re-open neighborhood elementary schools.
- Put the teaching and the school-work back in the schools by decreasing Home Work requirements.
- Occupation: Business Manager
- Occupation: Writer/Educator
- Novelist, television writer, corporate media writer/producer
- Instructor, administrator children's enrichment classes
- PTA President and RBPTA Council member
Moné Marcia Swann
- an unbiased, independent school board
- improve our language arts curriculum - reading, writing, and literature
- employ funding from corporations, private citizens and foundations to offset state budget cuts
- Occupation: Insurance Broker
- Assistant to the Solicitor General of Clayton County Georgia
- Victim Witness Advocate Clayton County Georgia
- President of Living @ In-home Care.com
- President of I.J.N. Insurance Services
- Founder of Women's Inspirational Network
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Kids First
- Creative Financial Solutions
- Occupation: Strategic Planning Manager
- I have earned BS and MS degrees in Economics, with major work in business and labor economics
- As a loaned educator, I taught business and economics at the high school level and have also been an adjunct professor.
- My bargaining unit (union) experience includes supervision, senior management, and negoitiating with both physical and staff union members.
- Over the past 20+ years, I have developed and managed projects ranging from a few million dollars to over a billion dollars.
- My experience with local, state and federal government prepares me to better deal with government and to find new funding sources.
- The most important experience I have is as an involved parent in Redondo Beach.
- I seek to develop a school district that is run by the parents, for the benefits of the students and community.
- The fiscal irresponsibility of the current board must be addressed. We must move to zero-based budgeting as per the Assoc of School Business Officials
- I support refocusing efforts on the basics, and taking a long, hard look at the current curriculum through the eyes of the parents and the community.
- Occupation: Teacher/Coordinator
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
- RBUSD Profile
- What Does the School Board Do?
News and Analysis
- Tuesday February 8, 12-1:30pm
- Redondo Beach Main Library, 303 N PCH; conducted by LWV Beach Cities
- Wednesday February 23, 7-9pm
- Redondo Beach High School Library; co-sponsors: LWV Beach Cities and Redondo Beach Council of PTAs
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.