(Vote for 2)
Election results -- manually collected from individual City Clerks' offices -- are official unless noted above. Unofficial results will be updated as available.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Law Office Manager
- League of Women Voters of Claremont, Past President
- Organizer of Claremont Study Circles on Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- City of Claremont Traffic and Transportation Commission, 8 years, Chair for 4 years
- Claremont Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Claremont Committee on Aging; Chair:Legal and Protective Services Subcommittee
- Friends of the Claremont Library, Vice President
- Social Programs for Seniors and Children; Well Planned and Managed Affordable Housing that Complements Neighborhoods
- Well Planned Economic Development with Fiscal Oversight
- Preservation of Hillsides, Open Space and Historic Resources
- Occupation: Environmental Planner/Commissioner
- Community Services Commission - Chair
- General Plan Committee - member
- Claremont Heritage - Boardmember
- Claremont Wildlands Conservancy - Boardmember
- San Gabriel Valley Public Affairs Network - President
- Mt. San Antonio College Foundation - Boardmember
- Enrich youth and senior programming
- Assure open government and enhance Claremont's rich traditions of wise planning and citizen participation
- Protect Claremont's environmental resources
- Occupation: Retired Police Captain
- AA degree, Administration of Justice, Chaffey College
- BA degree, Management, University of Redlands
- Claremont's 2003 "Honored Citizen"
- Claremont Red Cross Board Member
- Claremont Kiwanis Club Past-President
- VFW Post 11128 Jr. Vice Commander
Llewellyn "Lew" Miller
- Encourage quality business development that enhances our revenue base
- Expand our recreational facilities and protect our open space resources
- Maintain and enhance our public safety and emergency services
- Occupation: Investment Consultant
- Current Mayor Pro Tem
- Over 20 years experience in financial services
- Regional Council Member - Southern California Association of Governments -representing Pomona, LaVerne and Claremont
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments Governing Board - representing Claremont
- California Association of Nonprofits, Member , Board of Directors
- B.A. Yale,M.S. Stanford, Engineering-Economic Systems
- Claremont requires leadership that is analytical, goal-oriented and willing to take unpopular positions. I provide such leadership.
- Increasing the supply of "affordable" homes will not come from market forces in Claremont.
- Giving greater voice to groups not always well represented when priorities were being set at City Hall -- particularly parents of school age children
- Occupation: Retired Business Executive
- AB, MS, Ph.D., New York University
- Research Scientist, Xerox Physics Res Lab, Webster N.Y>
- Production Plant Manager, Xerox Medical Systems, Monroia, CA
- Claremont City Council Member, 1990-2003
- Chairman, Gold Line Construction Authority, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Member, LA County Commission for Quality & Productivity
Michael John Keenan
- I will provide a leadership role to bring people together to solve dificult problems.
- I will establish a business like focus on policies that will shape the future of Claremont.
- I will provide leadership to regional organizations, such as the Gold Line Construction Authority.
- Occupation: Professional Window Cleaner
- No Degree at present. Attended Asuza Pacific College, Cal Poly Pomona, Pitzer College, and Chaffey Jr.College
- Claremont City General Plan Committee
- Irving Landrum Jr. Justice Organizing Committee
- Volunteer Pomona College "Farm"
- Spearheaded Resolution Against Patriot Act
- Founding Member National Sanctuary Committee
- To carry out my work in a spirit of Claremont's heritage of town hall peoples sovereignty under a period of Constitutional crisis.
- Seek a Green based city manager and restore Natural Resources vision into General Plan revision.
- To win my political battles by the persuasive power of my ideas and values. This pale blue jot is all we've got.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- City of Claremont
Candidate Forums conducted by LWV Claremont Area
- February 8, 7:15am
- Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum; Claremont Inn, 555 W. Foothill Bl (Upstairs in the Flamingo Banquet Room) Cost: $10 advance reservation / $12 no reservations; RSVP: 624-1681 ext. 110
News and Analysis
- Tuesday, February 15, 7pm
- The Manor, 650 West Harrison Ave; Contact: 909 621-3663
- Wednesday, February 16, 7pm
- Hughes Community Center; 1700 Danbury Road; Contact: 909 626-6534
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Google News Search