(Vote for 1)
Election results -- manually collected from individual City Clerks' offices -- are official unless noted above. Unofficial results will be updated as available.
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Community College Trustee
- Credentialed Teacher/Educator (Community College, Secondary, Adult)
- Executive Director, Educational Communications (Ecology Center of Southern California &Project Ecotourism)
- Executive Producer (ECONEWS tv, Environmental Directions radio)
- Performer and Agent for Earth Cultures
- Global 500 Laureate, United Nations Environment Programme
- Anthropologist and Environmental Broadcaster with extensive non-profit organizational work
Maria Christine Grunwald-Agazaryan
- Oversight of two billion dollar Prop. A & AA Bond money for 42 new and renovated buildings to be spent sustainably and economically
- Increase state funding for community colleges, obtain equity for our district, & reduce student fees
- Improve the shared governance of our academic and infrastruture programs
- Occupation: Education Advocate
- Former Student Trustee
- B.A. in History from UCLA
- A.A. in Liberal Studies cum laude from LA Valley College
Gerald Wayne "Jerry" Perttula
- Expanding and Improving Distance Education
- Fostering community partnerships
- Improving connection from K-12 to Community College to 4-year Universities
- Occupation: Curriculum Specialist
- BA, Psychology, Claremont McKenna College
- MA, Educational Administration, National University
- Senior Program Specialist, Juvenile Court and Community Schools
- Academic Bowl Committee (for Court Schools)
- Development Team for Online Curriculum and Instruction
- Accelerating My Future Program, Court Schools
- Community Review of Bond AA money expenditure on 770 Wilshire Administration Building; "Golf Driving Range", Stadium, Science Lab
- More online classes and partnerships with Juvenile Court Schools, especially vocational classes
- More student Internships, apprenticeships with community business partners, especially film industry, biotech, aerospace and information systems
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Los Angeles Community College District
- Candidate Statements from L.A. Cityview Channel 35 (Download & View with Real Player)
News and Analysis
- Parallax Forum with host Lee Alpert and Lynn Lowry of LWV Los Angeles, taped February 17
- Thursday, March 3
- 7pm, Comcast Channel 35, Culver City
8pm, Time-Warner Channel 37
- Please check local listings for additional showings on government channels
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Google News Search