(Vote for 1)
John A. Boehner
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- Community/neighborhood of residence: West Chester, Ohio
- Education: BSBA, Xavier University
- Chairman, House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Vice Chairman, House Committee on Agriculture
- Former Member, Ohio House of Representatives
- Former Trustee, Union Township
- Continuing the momentum started with the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Promoting strong retirement security and health insurance legislation.
- Supporting our men and women in uniform.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: teaching
- BS, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1983
- Teacher, Dayton Public Schools 2003-04
- Healthcare 1993-2002 -with Montgomery County, OH 1997-2002
- Dayton Interfaith Hospitality Network Co-founder, 1990-1992
- International Development, Mennonite Central Committee, 1986-1989
- Engineer, US Department of Agriculture Rural Electrification Administration, 1983-1985
- Decrease outsourcing, restore overtime pay, protect the right of workers to organize, and push for a living wage for all workers.
- Fix the No Child Left with Funding Act, halt charter school expansion until they improve dramatically, encourage equitable funding of school districts
- Demand that Medicare negotiate for lower drug prices. Provide affordable health care for all children and catastrophic health care for all Americans.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Oxford has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
7 questions on Qualifications, Federal Deficit, Health Care, Public Transportation, Top Priority, Second Priority, and Patriot Act.
Ohio State Government
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 8. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
WKRC Election 2004
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.