(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Representative, 47th District
- Loretta was born and raised in the district she serves.
- Loretta is a businesswoman. She started her own consulting business in Santa Ana, assisting public agencies and private firms.
- Prior to her work in Congress, Loretta was a financial manager at the Orange County Transportation Authority.
- Loretta attended Chapman University, in Orange, CA. She was selected in January 2002 to serve as the university's first Latina Trustee Board member.
- Loretta attended American University in Washington, D.C. to obtain her master's in business administration with an emphasis on finance in 1984.
Alexandria A. "Alex" Coronado
- Advocate on behalf of members of the military and veterans on issues related to personnel and quality of life
- Homeland security; securing infrastructure (physical/cyber)
- Promote a responsible small business agenda
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, Orange County Board of Education
- Educator/Small Business Owner
- Doctorate in Music Education
- Bring jobs to Orange County by reducing costly government regulations and expanding job-training opportunities.
- Support our troops around the world and strengthen anti-terrorist activities to protect our national security.
- Provide senior citizens and working families with quality medical care by increasing access to affordable health insurance.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 47. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.