(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Fortney H. "Pete" Stark
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: United States Congressman
- Graduated MIT (BS, 1953) and U.C. Berkeley (MBA, 1960)
- Served in the Air Force (1955-57)
- Founder and President, Security National Bank in Walnut Creek (1960-72)
George I. Bruno
- Protect Social Security and Medicare and improve the Republican-passed Medicare prescription drug bill to create a meaningfu prescription drug benefit
- Improve our local schools, hire quality teachers, and make affordable child care accessible to all families
- Bring a rapid end to war by adopting policies which seek international consensus and peaceful resolutions to international conflict
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Maritime Consultant
- BS, United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY
Mark W. Stroberg
- Encourage economic vitality through a more friendly business climate, which in turn will create better jobs in our district
- Continue to strive for ways to bring quality healthcare to our citizens while helping to ease the burden of the ever-rising costs
- Work for strong national security to keep our families safe and maintain our quality of life.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Born in Concord, CA
- DOB: 09/27/57
- Current Residence: San Leandro, CA
- Graduate of Clayton Valley High School, Concord, CA
- BS Degree, 1994, California State University, Hayward
- Currently employed by HSQ Technology, Hayward, CA
- Repeal USA/Patriot Act and restore full civil liberties to American people
- End the Federal Government's "War on Drugs"
- End U. S. intervention in the affairs of other nations.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Federal Resources, Foreign Policy, and Federal Budget.
Secretary of State
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for US House 13. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
League of Women Voters' Candidates' Forums
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.