(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Mayor, City of El Segundo
- Phone: 310-615-2313; Addr: 214 Main St., PMB 365, El Segundo, CA 90245; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethan M. Boivie
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Mayor/Business Owner
- Phone: 310-792-7888; Addr: PO Box 651, Redondo Beach, CA 90277; Email: email@example.com
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Rocket Scientist
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, SUNY Binghamton
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, SUNY Binghamton
James R. Smith
- Ensure equal rights for all individuals; allow gay marriage
- Decriminalization of marijuana
- Reform school system; give power to parents to place children
- Party: Peace and Freedom
- Occupation: Neighborhood Council Treasurer
- Treasurer, Venice Neighborhood Council
- Communications Director, Calif. Faculty Assn.
- Board, SoCal Americans for Democratic Action (ADA)
- former Pres., AFSCME Social Service Union, 1108
- Writer, Venice Beachhead newspaper
- M.A., Sociology - Cal State, Northridege
- Solve the budget crisis by raising taxes on wealthy and corporations
- Free, quality health care for all Californians
- More funding for education, affordable housing, restore rent control
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
League of Women Voters' Candidate Forums
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 53. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
News and Analysis
- Sunday, October 17, 2-4pm (with 36th Congressional District)
- Ken Miller Auditorium at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr, Torrance. Contacts: Linda Mack (310)545-4738; Anne Beck (310)530-6791
- Google News Search
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.