(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Legal Aide Attorney/Sacramento City Councilmember
- Law Degree, Master's Degree, Public Policy Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Legal Counsel, U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno
- Legal Aid Attorney, Legal Services of Northern California
- Sacramento City Councilmember
Gaspar Roberto Garcia
- Universal Health Care
- Smart Growth
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Educator
- Doctor of Education-University of Southern California
- Former Sacramento City Unified School District Trustee
- Past Commander American G I Forum-Sacramento
- Former President Phi Delta Kappa-Sacramento
- Former California State Employee Association Job Steward
- Commended by California State Assembly and by the California State Senate
Gale R Morgan
- Work harmoniously with the Governor and other Legislators to produce a balanced budget..
- Eliminate the gross unfairness in our educational fundung process.
- Give highest priority for spending to classrooms, second priority to school sites, and last priority to the educational bureaucracy.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: College Instructional Assistant
- Electrician (20 + years) / Hazardous Materials Expertise
- Business Owner / Computer Consultant
- Colligate enrollee - American River College
- Web Site Designer, Commercial Sites
- Access Sacramento Member & TV Graphics professional - Libertarian Counter Point
- Member SHPE Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers ARC Chapter
- Improve Quality of Education, including funding reform
- Work with legislators and the Governor for a timely and balanced budget
- Bring Jobs to California and Repair Workers Compensation Insurance
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 9. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.