(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblywoman
- Founder and Former Executive Director, Humboldt-Del Norte Area 1 Agency on Aging, 19 Years
- Founded Humboldt County's First Pro-Choice PAC
- Ensuring North Coast schools and students receive a fair share of education funding.
- Protecting our environment.
- Providing health care coverage for all Californians,
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman/Contractor
- Custom Home Builder
- Owner of Security Gate Company
- Owner/Operator of Clearwater Ranch
- Member of Sonoma County Tax Board for 6+ years.
- Stop out of control spending and waste in Sacramento to balance the budget.
- Bring funds back to county and local government without conditions.
- Bring trade schools back into all High Schools to support non-college bound students.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Environmental Geologist/Businessman
- B.S., Geology, University of California at Davis, 1991
- Registered Professional Geologist and/or Environmental Assessor in AZ, CA, ID, OR, NV, WA and WY
- Has run an environmental/geological consulting business in Mendocino County since 1996
- Current Political Office: Director, Elk Community Services District
- Eliminate the State Budget Deficit
- Protect Our Personal Freedoms
- Save Our Volunteer Fire Departments from Extensive New Regulations
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of California has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
4 questions on Budget Crisis, Education, Water, and Health Insurance.
Secretary of State
Calif. State Legislative Counsel (Leginfo)
- Bills Introduced
- Check "Author(s)" and then type in the name of your current representative to see the bills introduced in the current Assembly session. Enter a Bill Number to see the history of a bill including voting records.
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the candidates with "District seeking" for 1. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
League of Women Voters' Candidates' Debate
- Broadcast live on KEET-TV, Channel 13 Eureka
- The public may call in with questions during the first half of the program.
- Thursday, October 7, 2004
7:00 - 8:00 PM
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Humboldt County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.