(Vote for 4)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Trustee, City of Santa Rosa High School District
- District Director, Senator Wes Chesbro
- Parent, community volunteer
- Board of Directors, Volunteer Center of Sonoma County
- Board Member, Sonoma County Survivor Project
- Board Member, United Way of Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake Counties
- Board Member, Circuit Rider Productions, Inc.
Donna M. Jeye
- Increase academic achievement and provide real world opportunities through stronger vocational education
- Maintain fiscal responsibility
- Better community outreach and communication
- Occupation: President, Parent Organization
- President, Student Teacher Parent Organization
- Site Council Member
- Project Grad Committee Member
- School Volunteer
- Parent, two children
- Continue to expand the phonics-based reading program throughout the elementary grades.
- Create magnet programs at each high school that is attractive to parents as well as students.
- Improve communications with our partner elementary districts to develop much closer, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Occupation: Teacher
- Retired High School English Teacher, 36 years classroom experience
- President Santa Rosa Teachers Association
- English Department Chair Montgomery High School
- Speech and Debate Coach Montgomery High School
- Supervisor of Student Teachers Dominican University
- Volunteer Senior Peer Counselor Family Servicy Agency
Noreen N. Carvolth
- Listen to teachers and parents
- Support vocational education and college preparation
- Support the development of magnet schools
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Current Vice-President, Santa Rosa Board of Education
- Parent, Volunteer,Teacher
- Continued implementation of district-wide plan to halt the exodus of students.
- Implementation of the Houghton-Mifflin reading program in all elementary grades.
- Continued communication and outreach to our teachers, staff, parents and students.
- Occupation: Skill Development Manager Agilent Technologies
- Community College Credential
- California Industrial Technology Education Consortium
- Community Volunteer
- SRCS Curriculum Committee Member
Omar A. Medina
- Improve the communication and involvement of Teachers, Staff and Parents.
- Maintain academic standards while increasing vocational exposure for all students.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Occupation: Student at Sonoma State University
- School Site Council, Lawrence Cook Junior High School 1993-1994
- School Site Council, Elsie Allen High School 1994-1997
- Elsie Allen High School Planning Committee, 1994-1995
- Southwest Community Health Center Board Member, 1995
- Executive Vice-President of A.S. at Santa Rosa Junior College, 2002
- A.S. Liberal Studies, Santa Rosa Junior College
Lindann M (England) McPheeters
- Greater fiscal efficiency through collaboration with community and business organizations.
- Better prepare students for college by making sure high school graduation requirements are aligned with those required for four-year college entrance.
- School equity in making sure that EVERY school is a successful school.
- Occupation: Educator/Consultant
- Elementary/Seconday teacher for over 20 years
- Secondary School Vice Principal
- Elsie Allen High School PACK 2nd Vice-President 2002-2004
- Elsie Allen High School Co-Chair CONNECTIONS
- Improve communication between the school communities and the public
- Remove obstacles to the educational process
- Resolve the flight of students form the schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
The Press Democrat
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.