This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/state/ for current information.
|League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
Mike P Byron
Read the answers from all candidates.
1. What can be done to ensure that California gets its fair share of federal resources?
Organize all 53 California Representatives--both Democrats and Republicans to act as a cohesive bloc in defense of California's interests.
2. What are your foreign policy priorities for the United States?
Ensure peace and security by:
1) Maintaining a well-equipped military which is also well paid, housed, and cared for as veterans.
2) Actively forming and maintaining formal and informal networks of alliances, international institutions, and regimes. I will work to put teeth into international law.
3) Energy independence based upon renewable energy. we are about to start running short of oil. We have done nothing to avert the global wars and disasters that this shortage will cause, and perhaps is already causing.
3. What are your priorities for the federal budget?
Taxes and spending must be brought into convergence. How to do this?
Multinational corporations and persons making over about $500,000.00 per year are taxed much too lightly, The middle class is taxed slightly too much.
I will consistently vote to eliminate the hundreds of billions stolen from the national treasury in the form of corporate welfare and obscene subsidies to the mega-rich.
I will vote in favor of programs which provide for the common good of all of us while insisting on strict cost accounting with all facts and figures being publicly available over the internet.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
SmartVoter Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter