(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: U.S. Representative/Businessman
- Phone: 916-929-2929; Addr: PO Box 41649, Sacramento, CA 95841
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Farmer
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, U.C. Berkeley
- Volunteered for 2 years in U.S. Army, 1 in Vietnam
- One of the first certified organic farmers in CA
- Converted farmland to wildlife refuge
- Founded Davis Waldorf School
Douglas Arthur "Art" Tuma
- Reigning in corporate influence in politics.
- Enhancing our environment for future generations.
- Protecting our Civil Rights against further erosion.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Retired Civil Engineer
- 2002: Candidate, U.S. Representative, CA Congressional District 3
- 2000: Candidate, U.S. Representative, CA Congressional District 3
- 1998: Candidate, U.S. Representative, CA Congressional District 5
- 1997, July 12: Letter to Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board regarding selenium discharges to the San Joaquin River
- 1994, May 1: First day of federal civil service retirement, after 21 years in the Bureau of Reclamation and 2 years in the Navy
- 1979: Professional Engineer - Civil, Nevada
- Release federal property to private ownership.
- Return investment opportunity choice to wage earners.
- Return environmental protection choice to property owners.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
U.S. House of Representatives
Campaign Finance Data
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for District 3. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.