League of Women Voters of California
Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz Counties, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Member; California State Assembly; District 28 Voter Information
Results as of Nov 14 11:14am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (249/249)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember, 28th District
- Former elementary school teacher
- Former community college professor
- Former City Councilmember
- Former County Supervisor
- Public Safety
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Jane is a successful business owner who handled marketing and advertising for seven retail tire stores from San Francisco to Salinas.
- Jane was a school board member and president of Gilroy Unified School District.
- She served as president of the Leadership Gilroy Education Foundation and chair of the South Valley Hospital Board of Directors.
- In 1999, she was honored as "Woman of the Year" by the Gilroy Chamber of Commerce for her many community activities.
- Education is my top priority. Every child has the potential to learn and succeed in a safe and successful environment.
- Leadership requires that we manage the state budget by setting priorities and reducing spending so that we live within our means.
- Public Safety is government's primary responsibility. We must provide law enforcement with the resources it needs to fight crime and terrorism.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 28. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| Election Links
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:41 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.