(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
John A. Dutra
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
Daniel L. "Dan" Dow
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member, California State Assembly
- Phone: 510-440-9030; Addr: 39510 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Technology Sales Executive
- Member, Newark Unified School Dist, Strategic Plan Monitoring Committee
- Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Member, American Legion Post 837 (Fremont/Newark)
- Member, East Bay Regional Park Foundation
- Member, National Wildlife Federation
- Graduate, Defense Language Institute (Korean)
- JOBS - 1 Million Californians are out of work today! We must encourage business to invest in Jobs for California! Not chase them away anymore!
- EDUCATION - I will fight to bring equalized funding for every school district in California! There is great disparity in funding!
- CONSUMER PRIVACY - We must protect consumers from invasions of their private financial information. Privacy is sacred!
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Technology Marketing Manager
- 20 Years business experience - technical, managerial, entrepreneurial
- BS Math & CS, Cal State Hayward
- BA Sociology, UC Berkeley
- Economy - Reduce the cost of living & doing business in California
- Education - Local control & volunteers in schools
- Tort Reform - Reduce burden of frivolous law suits
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 20. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.