(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Appointed Public Defender
- San Francisco's first female Public Defender, protecting the Constitutional rights of indigent people accused of crimes.
- Building a model public law office by instituting a formal training program for rookie lawyers and a case conference system for senior attorneys.
- A driving force behind juvenile justice reform. I have assigned senior lawyers to juvenile cases and worked to get kids into rehabilitation programs
- Working to expand alternatives to incarceration for non-violent offenders.
- Former Director of San Francisco's Criminal Justice Council, responsible for directing over $46 million to local agencies and community groups.
- Served as a Deputy Public Defender, working as a felony trial attorney representing hundreds of clients in nearly every type of criminal defense case.
- I have devoted my career to juvenile justice reform. As Public Defender I have launched a program to move kids into rehabilitation within a week.
- I will continue to work to build a model public law office with a diverse group of lawyers devoted to providing the best defense for our clients.
- I will continue to find alternatives to incarceration, to ensure that we move people out of the justice system, instead of just through it.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
KQED-FM 88.5 Public Radio
Public Defender Forum
News and Analysis
- Tuesday, January 29th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
The League of Women Voters of San Francisco will host a candidate forum in the Koret Auditorium at the San Francisco Main Library 100 Larkin and Grove.
Community input is encouraged, please email questions for the candidates to: email@example.com
The Recorder (on Law.com)
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.