(Vote for 5)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Retired Communications Director
- Educated in England. BA in Zoology, University of Oxford. 45 years resident of Goleta
- Santa Barbara School Board member 1975 to 1992 (4 terms)
- Public Affairs Director, Planned Parenthood of Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties (retired)
- Santa Barbara County Civil Service Commissioner
- Past board member: League of Women Voters, PTA, Parents-to-the-Polls, Santa Barbara Human Services Association, Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center
- Community Housing Action Group, United Nations Association, founding member and Past President, Santa Barbara Women's Political Committee
- Preserving the special quality of Goleta as a community of residential neighborhoods mingled with parks and open space
- Supporting a sound economic base of local businesses, with the goal of economic stability rather than major new growth
- Securing a greater range of affordable housing opportunities for the people who live and work here, through public/private/non-profit partnerships
- Occupation: Technical Communications Designer
- 21-Year Goleta Resident
- Co-Founder of GoletaNow!
- President of Santa Barbara Shores Homeowners Association
- Former Citizens Planning Association Board and Land Use Committee Member
- Former Goleta West Sanitary District Citizen Advisory Committee Member
- Represented 3rd District on the Highway 101 Design Review Team
Jean W. Blois
- Empowering Our Community
- Working for Our Neighborhoods
- Protecting Our Environment
- Occupation: Retired Business Consultant
- B.S. Business Administration, U.C. Berkeley
- 10 Years Goleta Water Board Member
- 13 Years Goleta Union School District Board
- Past President, Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Goleta National Bank, Founding Board Member
- Goleta Woman of the Year 1997
Jonny D. Wallis
- Create a city that is safe, healthy and responsive to its citizens.
- A new Goleta Community Plan to enhance local benefits.
- Provide strong financial management to assure a vital city economy.
Robert D. Bernstein
- Occupation: Retired Attorney
- Occupation: Senior Design Engineer
- Chair - Sierra Club - Santa Barbara
- Director - Coalition for Sustainable Transportation
- Founding Member - Digital Instruments, Inc
- Physics Degrees from MIT and UC Santa Barbara
- Old Town Goleta Design Committee Member
- Downtown/Waterfront Vision Committee Member
David "Dr. Dave" Bearman
- Preservation of Open Space
- Balancing Number of Jobs with Housing Supply
- Sustainable Transportation and Reduced Automobile Dependency
- Occupation: Physician/Public Health Administrator
- Current Director Goleta West Sanitary District
- Former Director Goleta Water Board
- Founded & Directed the IV Medical Clinic
- Zona Seca Medical Director
- Sarah House, Advisory Boardmember
- SB Regional Healthy Authority, Medical Director (retired)
Reynaldo R. Ybarra
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Occupation: Social Services Caseworker
- President of TheTri Counties Central Council
- Santa Barbara Vice President for SEIU 535
- Mediator on the City of Santa Barbara Rental Mediation Task Force
- Chairperson of the Santa Barbara County Affirmative Action Commission
- Labor Negotiator
- Radio Commentator on contemporary issues
William R. Gilbert
James A. Wasil
- Provide for an orderly transition to cityhood including a strong fiscal foundation.
- Consider a Limited Growth approach on any future developments.
- Public safety including police and fire protection as well as properly maintained streets in all neighborhoods in all of Goleta.
David H. Johnson
- Occupation: Retired Army Colonel
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|