League of Women Voters of California
Los Angeles County, CA
March 6, 2001 Election
Council Member; City of Monterey Park Voter Information
4 Year Term.
(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
- Occupation: School Board Member
- President, Garvey School District Board of Education
- President, Monterey Park Community Relations Commision
- 3rd Vice President, Monterey Park Lions Club
- Chair, Monterey Park Harmony Month
- Former Chair and Co-Editor, Monterey Park 75th Anniversary History Book (Trilingual)
- Past President, Monterey Park Recreation & Parks Commision
- Improve services to seniors and youth
- Increasing city revenues without increasing taxes
- Revitalizing downtown business
- Occupation: Public Official
- Councilmember for City of Monterey Park
- College Professor
- Community Leader
- Mayor of Monterey Park in '90, '94, and '98
- Neighborhood Protection: Tough on Crime
- Seniors: Expansion of and construction of existing and new senior housings
- Quality Services For Residents: Expansion and renovation of library and municipal parks
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Municipal Election Website
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: March 13, 2001 15:57
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.