Los Angeles County, CA
November 7, 2000 Election
Our solution oriented approach to government can lead America to fulfill her great destiny in this millenium.
The solutions for the new millenium which will allow America to fulfill her great destiny are:
- Creating a true health care system (as opposed to a disease care system) by adding a cost-effective, prevention-oriented health care programs scientifically shown to prevent disease, promote health, and save money by keeping people healthy;
- Cutting taxes deeply and responsibly through cost-effective solutions to crime, spiraling health costs, and other social problems--not through cutting essential services;
- Proven educational initiatives to develop student's inner genius and make them top competitors in the world market;
- Protecting the environment and safeguarding America's food supply, including mandatory labeling and safety testing of genetically engineered foods (which are banned in Europe);
- Ending special interest control of politics and giving the power back to the people by (1)the elimination of soft money, (2)the public sponsorship of election campaigns, and (3)the prevention of lobbying by former public servants on behalf of domestic and foreign interests;
- Promoting more prosperous and harmonious international relations by shifting our foreign policy away from the export of weapons towards the export of American know-how in key areas such as business, entrepreneurship, education, agriculture and environmental technologies;
- Preventing crime --not just warehousing criminals-- through effective criminal and drug rehabilitation programs, and through proven programs to reduce high levels of societal stress;
- Ensuring a strong economy by implementing powerful, pro-growth fiscal policies, and by more effectively harnessing our greatest natural resource -- the unlimited creativity and intelligence of our citizens;
- Creating a state-of-the-art defensive military;
- Innovative policies to virtually eliminate poverty;
- Innovative policies to promote world peace.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2000 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: November 4, 2000 07:46
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.