(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Horace Eugene "Gene" Thayn
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Congresswoman
- Phone: 408-271-1953; Addr: 111 West St John, #400, San Jose, CA 95713; Email: email@example.com
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Electrical Engineer
- Fomer Math teacher, college level, 14 years, evenings
Dennis Michael Umphress
- Replacing the income tax with a fair spending tax.
- Moving the Social Security System into the families wealth.
- Providing school choice for parents of low and middle income.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Product Quality Manager
- AS degree in Machine Tech. from SJCC
- Member American Society for Quality
- US Navy veteran
- Born and raised in San Jose
- Employed at Ball Screws & Actuators Co., Inc.
- Honda Insight owner, Gas/Electric Hybrid car
Edward J. Klein
- Cut Federal income tax
- Enable Medical Marijuana
- Protect Social Security
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Chiropractor
- B.A., College of William and Mary
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Palmer College-West
- Chiropractic College Instructor for 9 years
- Post-Graduate Seminar instructor for 5 years
- Speaker on health care issues for organizations
- Restoration of proper taxation on wealthy individuals and corporations, with corresponding tax relief to the less fortunate
- Strict safety testing, then regulation and labelling of genetically engineered foods should any be found safe
- Promotion of cost-effective, natural, prevention-oriented health care
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 16. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings
KQED/FM 88.5 Forum
Campaign Finance Data
Center for Responsive Politics
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.